FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

07 Buick Lucerne CXS 4.6 The car does not feel right when I

Customer Question

07 Buick Lucerne CXS 4.6 The car does not feel right when I change lanes.I used to hear level control come on @ different times, Know I hear nothing and the message center says service Stabilitrak! What should I do? HELP!
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if the warning message came on at the same time that the vehicle started feeling this way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure,just bought it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sure its not working, Is it fused, BCM, or?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I have been under the weather. Can I still offer assitance to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It sounds like the rerar struts may be failing ot it may just be the leveling system. If there is no pressure in the rear struts then this will occur. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to fix it
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with the modules on the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so. I need to try something!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

With the scan tool you need to see what the body codes are. You also need to see if the module is trying to turn the compressor on. If it is not then there may be a module issue. If there are codes let me know what they are and we can continue from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only code in the complete system was glove box light shorted to ground. No other code present. Maybe I should check to see if its getting signal from the BCM. I need you, if you can; tell me which wire sends the message to the pump and the correct voltage. That should get me in the ballpark. Where is the module located? Thanks for taking time with my problem; I do appreciate you hanging with me.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

The module is behind the right rear wheel well. As for power, at the compressor the dark green wire is power and the black is ground. The compressor relay is in the fuse box under the rear seat.