camerontech
camerontech, auto technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

My daughter has a 2004 Rendezvous. It has been running

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2004 Rendezvous. It has been running rough. I changed the spark plugs, wires, and ignition module. I took it to the local Buick dealer and the changed the fuel injector in cylinder 5. However, it still runs rough and cylinder 5 still misfires. I had the compression checked and the rockers, rods, and valves checked. All are working properly. But it still runs rough and cylinder 5 is misfiring. I'm assuming the car's computer is the problem?
Category: Buick
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there ,

Im cam and ill try to help you out.

Do you have access to a scope at all?

the only way to see if this injector is firing is by scoping the feed wire and comparing the pattern to another injector.

A injector firing should take about 1 amp to fire. IF it is anything lower than it is either the injector driver inside the computer or the wiring from that cylinder to the computer.

I would also scope the ignition coil too, and compare it to the other cylinders.

Problems like this where you have replaced the plugs, coil and injector requires a scope to go any further.

If i can be of any more assistance id be happy to help!

cam

cam