Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

I have 2008 buick enclave, today when I started my car, the

Customer Question

I have 2008 buick enclave, today when I started my car, the radio did not come on at all. I can here the internal disc still running but the radio won't power on. In the past it has sporadically blinked off and then reset, without the music being interrupted but this has never happened before.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This is not unusual for this Unit.......
Problem is, it should be tested via GM Dealer Scan Tool to isolate between the Communication Module, Radio & if any Updates are needed.
IF the Display is dark / blank & the CD is activating, then it could be a software update or Programming issue.
apprx 1 hour labor.
IF the unit is defective, many times you can find the same Model Number Unit On-Line, E-Bay, etc for less than repair.
The problem with replacing with another Delco, is the Dealer needs to Program the Next one.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.