Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

I have a 2008 Buick Enclave that currently is throwing a

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Buick Enclave that currently is throwing a P1516, C0299, and C0242 code. The car in the past has experienced loss of throttle response. I have checked the connections and cleaned the map sensor which returns the throttle response but it happening more frequently.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

those C codes are more than likely set due to the P1516 code set which is a throttle body code set

most of these throttle bodys codes set are do to bad connections at the throttle body

the best action to take is to unplug the throttle body connector and pack the connector full of dielectric grease picked up at most local auto parts stores and plug it back in

if by chance it still sets this code and the wiring visually to the throttle body looks good replacing the throttle body will correct that issue

you can always get me back for FREE through this post for any follow up anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer for any follow up anytime as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here