Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

We have a 2002 buick park avenue. when driving from

Customer Question

we have a 2002 buick park avenue. when driving from Minnesota to Florida 500-600 miles per day we had trouble 3 times. after shutting off the car it would not start and nothing would work(FOB or Key). first time we waited a bit and car started but everything was reset as far as radio stations, temp, mileage etc. all was well for 600 miles. second time we stopped tried wifes key and it started but everything was reset. Third time neither FOB or Key would work but since we were at a gas pump pushed car to parking space and after opening hood an doing nothing. Tried FOB again and it worked and then key worked also. Stopped at dealer and they tried stopping and restarting it many times and could not get it to fail. we continued and drove two more days each about 400 miles and have been driving for 2 weeks with no problems. Have been watching battery volts and it is usually around 13v but can go as low as 12.2v. Do you think it just might be battery?
Category: Buick
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Has the battery and its connections been checked?

The reset of all the electronics indicates a loss of voltage to the components.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope but will try that thanks.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me know what you find, the battery is the basis for the whole electrical system so it is the starting point.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you