Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

I have a 2001 buick lesabre the only power I have is to the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 buick lesabre the only power I have is to the power seats,and the flashing red light buy the radio. Only half of both fuse boxes are showing power the other half is dead. Would this be caused by the anti theft device or is it the E.C.M
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for the delay.

If only part of the fuse panels are receiving power this can be a number of different reasons from a faulty electronic ignition switch to poor power connections leading from the battery to the fuse panels or even damaged wiring.If you can tell me which fuses do not have power or at least some of them this will help as I can look at some diagram info to see what I can locate on these.I don't see this as the ECM or anti theft at fault as this won't cause a power loss like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the ignition switch,and the fuses that have no power are ignition 1,abs,windows and several more.When this all started I was trying to start the car and it seamed like the fuel pump was not working and it sputerd .Then I lost power to everything the lights and horn were working and now they are not. Is there a fuse link somewhere or maybe a broken ground strap that could be causing this problem
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In the same fuse box as this IGN 1 fuse there should be an IGN 1 relay.Does this relay click at all when turning on the key or if you tap on this relay does the power come back then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,I even switched out other relays and nothing works there is no power to the relays.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way you can check for any broken wiring at this fuse panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car was running fine a half hour before this happened. The radio was fading out and then would fade back in when I hit a bump,this would happen periodically for the past 6 months. I wonder if it is in the drivers side door that is causing the problem. since opening the door shuts the radio off.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The wiring or electronics in or leading to the door usually wont cause this fault here.This sounds like a possible wiring fault at the fuse panel.If you can I would check the wiring at the fuse panel to see if any issues are found needing repaired.

Thanks Pete