Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 1997 Buick LeSabre and the inside courtesy light

Customer Question

i have a 1997 Buick LeSabre and the inside courtesy light won't turn off. I have checked the manual switch that turn the lights on and it is not on. I pulled the fuse out so the battery doesn't get ran down... what do I do to fix the problem ...thanks for your help.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS POST BEFORE REPLYING

I do not have access to your email address,

That could be the BCM, (body control module) or one of the door switches. The test would have to be done to determine where the problem is.

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as allowed.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks....I get it....just what I thought....a crumb here and a crumb there... in my opinion this is all about money and milking people... there is a complaint form you can get online from the Attorney Generals Office for consumer fraud. It's a free service
No need to reply back.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am sure. Thanks and good luck with it. I am sure that if I guessed at it, (BCM) you would say the same thing. Have a nice day.

Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there, im cam

I will do my best to help you through this.

I do not not charge extra for wiring diagrams, only if it is a large file that requires alot of extra work,

I have seen these door handle switches stick olot on these,

128348

Tests/Procedures:1. Gain access to the Body Control Module (BCM) backprobing at the 32 pin connector.

2. With the doors closed, check pins C1, C2, C3, and C4. They should all show 12 volts using a voltmeter.

3. If any of those circuits show 0 volts, check the circuit for a short to ground or shorted switch.

4. If the inputs check OK, remove the White wire from the 8 pin connector terminal F. If the BCM is holding the lights on, then they should go off. If there is a short in the White wire, the lights will stay on.

we will have to start with this before we go any further