Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2003 Buick Rendezvous have a knocking sound coming from

Customer Question

My 2003 Buick Rendezvous have a knocking sound coming from my engine I have no oil leaks just had an oil change two weeks ago how can this happen and what would most likely be the cost to repair
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Noises are tough for use to diagnose not being there to hear it. If you could make a you tube video that would help. Normally a knock if its for sure coming from the engine, is not good. A knock comes from deep in the engine from a piston wrist pin, rod bearing, or main bearing that has failed. Things outside the engine that can make a knock are the torque converter and exhaust baffles. An internal engine failure like this normally is from poor oil maintenance but can also be caused by age, mileage, high load or rpm, or just a failure with no reason. An internal engine knock 9 out of 10 times means a replacement engine is required.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer didn't help sounds too general..never answered my direct question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waste of money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe they did not add oil during my last change my last oil change was 2 weeks ago should this have happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no leaks

Since you said my help was a waste of your money, are you still wanting me to help or ????

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I had a call ...yes I do need help but I want to ask do you think the auto shop did not put oil in my car on my last oil change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car I have no leaks I've never had any issues with my engine so I'm just wondering whether or not they put oil in my car on my last oil change also do you know about how much it will cost to have it repaired
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My next oil change isn't due until December 23rd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize I probably shouldn't have said its a waste of money I guess I just saw it as a general answer but I guess that will be a basic answer for the question to the way I asked the question.
I know your goal is to address questions and give the best answer possible I will forward a video but I don't really know what I am to record is it the sound you're looking for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I called action 9 to look into the situation with my vehicle thanks for your help

I highly doubt the oil was not refilled, being it has ran 2 weeks. With no oil it would of locked up in the first day. You can check the oil though. If a replacement engine is needed, used would be the best bet. Parts and labor about 4000$

Sorry you were not pleased with my help.