Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Can a 2005 Buick fuel gauge be fixed without having to

Customer Question

Can a 2005 Buick fuel gauge be fixed without having to replace the whole dashboard?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is not something you would be able to fix yourself but you could replace the instrument cluster with a used instrument cluster of similar mileage yourself. Then this would cost about $100 and hour of your time. Another option is to remove cluster and send it out for repair if you can go without vehicle for a week. You can look on ebay and www.car-parts.com for used clusters. Let me know if you have more questions or would like replacement instructions, thanks.