Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

How do i remove the rear veiw mirror inside my car because

Customer Question

how do i remove the rear veiw mirror inside my car because ive tryed everithing to rehang it but nothing works btw it is a 98 century
Category: Buick
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I assume what has happened is that the metal hanger has come off the glass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the mirror still has the metal peace in it but the adhesive is on the glass and nothing i do works to stick it back up and its just hanging from the cealing

Right, the metal bracket has come away from the glass.. You will need to remove the metal bracket from the mirror, and get rear view mirror adhesive and glue the bracket back on to the windshield. After you glue the bracket back to the windshield, then you can mount your mirror back onto the bracket. Here is the product we use all the time for this repair.

Now, to get the bracket out of the mirror, you will either have to loosen the allen set screw, or if you do not have an allen set screw then you have to use a small screw driver to release the bracket from the mirror and slide it out the bottom. I have also attached a picture of what the bracket looks like.

bracket

does your mirror have a set screw like this one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have skype cuz it be easyer if you see what im talking about if you do mine is cnorton1002

unfortunately I don't have a camera or skype on this computer, but if you can take a picture and upload it here that would help..

If you want, I can call you.. Did you get a phone call offer from JustAnswer? You would have to accept that offer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wont let me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind it sent

OK. I knew that was the problem you were having. You have to get the metal bracket out of the mirror and re glue it to the windshield.

You can't glue the bracket to the windshield with the mirror still attached to it. Loosen the set screw and slide the bracket (part that glues to the windshield) out of the mirror

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i ve tryed that it wont skick ive cleaned thewindsheild and everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to know how to take the mirror off to a new one on

You can't glue the mirror to the windshield. You have to remove the metal bracket from the mirror and glue the metal bracket to the windshield. after you do that then you can re attach the mirror.

If you want to remove the mirror, just unplug the electrical connector on the mirror.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to know how to detach it from the car to put a new mirror on

let me see if I can find you a video..

the only thing holding the mirror to the car right now is the wires. If you want to remove the mirror you will have to unplug those wires.

watch this video and let me know if it helps you at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ03Qv9dIgo

Did this video answer your question? I hope?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no you been no help at all

I don't know what else to tell you. I will opt out and see if one of the other techs can think of a better way to explain it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

you have answered with a couple of confusing answers
???
There is a button that glues to the Windshield

Then the Mirror attaches to the button
Is the Button that glues to the windshield still attached to the Mirror or is it still attached to the Windshield??
Do you have On-Star & Lighted Mirror?