Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

2004 buick regal icp new resistors, but now p,r,n,d show

Customer Question

2004 buick regal icp new resistors, but now p,r,n,d show horizontal lines. Why?
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you installed the incorrect resistors this can cause the electronics to either heat up and fail or short out internally damaging other electrical components on the ICP itself.I have seen this occur before to where more repairs were needed to the ICP or the ICP itself needed replaced.

I would double check the repair done and resistors installed to make sure this was done correctly with the correct components.If you find any issues with the resistors being incorrect try and locate and install the correct ones.

If you see no issues I suspect more internal electrical failure has occurred internally with the ICP needing either removed and sent in for repair to an authorized repair center or removed and replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.