Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

How much will it cost to repair my steering column and where

Customer Question

How much will it cost to repair my steering column and where can I find the parts for my Buick riveria
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

What type of problem are you having with the steering column?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's loose my cousin repaired my car and put apoxi glue on it and now it's starting to fall and it's very loose
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

If the column is loose and wobbles, there are usually no parts needed. The bolts that hold the tilt mechanism in place tend to loosen over time, causing the problem. You need a qualified technician that can take the column apart and tighten these 4 bolts. The bolts should be removed and a threadlocker applied to the threads before reinstallation. Most shops will charge 2 hours of labor for this repair. Depending upon the labor rate charged by the shop, this repair will typically cost between $130 - $200.