Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

My daughter has a 2004 buick randevou. The problem she has

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2004 buick randevou. The problem she has is that her gear shift moves up and down and will not go into any gear and not into park. So the car will not start. A AAA technician came by to tow the car but before he did that he reached into the engine area and said he snapped something on the gear shift and said to go ahead and start the car. It worked. I could put the car in park and the car started. That lasted for three days. Now we have the same problem. Can you show me what I need to snap on the gear shift so I can take it to a dealer to get it fixed. Thank you for your help. Charlie
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

it should be the shift cable located on the top of the transmission in area of under the master cylinder on top of the transmission like this picture

you should be able to pop it back on to the metal shift lever with a pair of pliers

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?