Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I HAVE A 2009 BUICK ENCLAVE CXL. THE HEATER BLOWS HEATED AIR

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2009 BUICK ENCLAVE CXL. THE HEATER BLOWS HEATED AIR ON DRIVERS SIDE ONLY. BLOWS UNCONDITIONED AIR ON PASSENGER SIDE. I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE WHATEVER PARTS ARE NEEDED MYSELF, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU
RON
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your passenger side blend door actuator is dead. It's pretty common. They are made with little plastic gears that tend to strip out. Here is a diagram that shows it's location and how to replace it.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

If you want to test it before you replace it. Pull the glove box down so you can access the part and put your hand on it while you try to change the setting from hot to cold or vice versa. You should be able to feel it moving the blend door ducting. If there is no movement, or the actuator makes a popping noise, you know it is bad.

Most parts stores stock these actuators since they go out so often and they are the same part across multiple models.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional info. I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of assistance. Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you need more help. Please don't forget to rate.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.