Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pete. I have a 2000 buick lesabre limited that suddenly lost

Customer Question

Hi, Pete. I'm Sandy. I have a 2000 buick lesabre limited that suddenly lost all electrical activity to the interior and the horn kept honking. It also will not crank and the 15 amp fuse in the back seat fuse box keeps blowing. There was also a strange clicking noise coming from the aforementioned fuse box. I've checked the battery, tested okay 12.7 volts. I also checked power at both fuse boxes and they checked out okay. Replaced blown fuse and it blows the new ones immediately. Had to pull the mini relay for the horn and I have disconnected the battery.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse that keeps blowing is in position #29 in the back seat fuse box. It is a 15 amp (blue blade style) fuse and according to the fuse diagram it is for IGN SW.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The fuse #29 posers the following components,

• Dash Integration Module (DIM)
  • Ignition Switch
  • Rear Integration Module (RIM)
  • RFA Module

In order t determine which one or which circuit is shorted you are going to need to start with disconnecting them one at a time to see if the fuse hold s. See the steps below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20%2329.pdf