Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Is my name, the 96 buick will not engage starting circut, it

Customer Question

Customer: ken is my name, the 96 buick will not engage starting circut, it has done this many times before, but would usually start after a time, but will not engage starter after a few hours
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the battery is up but only the accessories and lights will function, as though, the solenoid will not activate, this has been ocuring, randoml, over the years
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

I need to look over the starting circuit to help you diagnose this starter, relay, ignition switch, or PNP switch concern. However I need to know the model and engine in your vehicle.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris