Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

Have a 2000 buick lasabre. Have 12.6 v power, engine wont

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, have a 2000 buick lasabre. Have 12.6 v power, engine wont crank, not even click
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: how much$
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, what other info do u want?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all fuses and relays. Catalytic convertor is bad. Code scan: P0300, P131, P0420. Won't start in Neutral or Park. Could it be a solenoid in the shifter column and if so is there a way to test it?
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I would check for power to the starter solenoid. there is a small purple wire on the solenoid. it should have 12 when the key is in the start position.

lets start there

roy