Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

2005 buick lacrosse while driving smoke emitted from under

Customer Question

2005 buick lacrosse while driving white smoke emitted from under hood. Found number 1 cop melted and burned. Replaced coil. Now have codes for injectors 1,3,and 5 open circuit. Checked for voltage to injectors with key on. This result was zero volts on 1,3,and 5 and 14 volts on 2,4,and 6.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Check the injector fuse #20 in the underhood fuse block.

Here is a wiring diagram.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse checks fine so does 24 and relays are all ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all of the wires on top and around engine appear to be ok as well nothing burned or rough looking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just rechecked fuse 20 it was burned I replaced it and re read codes po261 cylinder 1 po267 cylinder 3 po205 cylinder 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced fuse again i hear a loud whining buzzing noise coming from pedal position switch motor. Then the noise goes away when the fuse pops.

Do you mean the throttle body?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the throttle body with this unplugged i do not pop number 20 fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i wiggled the section of wiring that goes to throttle body to see if something in there was loose i don't see anything or feel anything loose. I have gained a misfire code now on cylinder 5 and only show injector open on cylinder 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
buzzing whining noise only lasts for a few seconds then goes away after key is in the on position. this is really strange i only have the code for the cylinder five open injector circuit now. no other codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have solved the problem. I do not understand why there hasn't been any correspondence from you over the last several hours. I do not know if there is some kind of glitch or what. The problem was a little more involved. After several hours of disassemble. I have found the issue.

I am not always by a computer to respond and usually get an email notification when a customer is waiting for me to respond, but I have not been getting that notification. I will have them look into this problem.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****