Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

I have a 05 Buick LeSabre has no heat, thermostat has been

Customer Question

I have a 05 Buick LeSabre has no heat, thermostat has been replaced and the dash engine temp is right in the middle of the gage.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

open the hood and make sure both heater hoses are hot at normal operating temp. if they are. it sounds like the blend door motor may have failed in the cold position. if only 1 hose is hot, then the heater core is clogged and needs to either be flushed out or replaced.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the blend door motor? As both hoses are hot

under the dash. if you have single control for both sides, it is on the drivers side above gas pedal

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
upon finding the blend door motor is working but the top heater hose is hot and the bottom one is not as hot. Can a Radiator flush unclog the heater core as the fluid is a rusty color?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say that is the original coolant

it is possible but a lot of times it does not work and the heater cow needs to be replaced. you can have it done to try. make sure the flush is a power flush not just changing the coolant. it needs to have pressure run through the core both ways to try to clear the clog.

Roy