Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2007 Buick Rendezvous, after much electrical problems, I had

Customer Question

2007 Buick Rendezvous, after much electrical problems, I had crazy flashing lights on the dash, which wound up being a new regulator in the Alternator from GM. In the meantime i replaced the PCM module , had it reprogrammed then my door locks started acting
funky. None of the locks will lock via the remote or the button inside except for the hatch door, that one does lock. When i manually lock all the doors and hit unlock they all unlock except for the rear drivers lock. Not sure exactly what is happening. any
insight would be appreciated.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Are you sure you had the PCM replaced and not the BCM? The PCM has zero to do with the door locks. The BCM does.
If the BCM was not replaced, you need to have it scanned for body faults which will tell us if this is a door lock actuator issue, body control module issue, or antitheft issue. Without knowing the body fault code, it would be guessing and alot of work(removing each door panel and unplugging the actuators one at a time to see if any are at fault)
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks