rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 03 regal has issues.cracked power steering hose,no

Customer Question

my 03 regal has issues.cracked power steering hose,no indicator light for odometer and the one i'd like your thoughts on before i turn it in as a donation vehicle.the remote start module burned up and was removed but still wdnt run.soundedike only 3 cyl's firing.the mechanic got it to run fine but only if the headlamps were unplugged.plug either one in and it kills the engine.6 months prior the front end was repaired because of bambi.computer? short after repair? i can only see $$$ down the hole if i take it back to my mechanic.he got it running and reccomended dumping it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975. I am ASE certified and an auto instructor.I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear,or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating”in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you.

After reading all those issues, I would consider a different vehicle too. It sounds like your mechanic did his share of work to get it to where it's at right now. Realizing that I can only go by what I read from you, It sounds like your mechanic is also ready for you to move on for your own good. All the problems you listed can get expensive to repair correctly, and who knows what will happen next?

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

I forgot to mention that when security issues are present, they can be something simple like a bad key, all the way up to wiring nightmares and computers. Only scan tool diagnostics can assist with those problems, and still NOT be 100% accurate.

thanks again, Ron