Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

2005 Buick Rendevous cxl 166k miles. Whining noise when

Customer Question

2005 Buick Rendevous cxl 166k miles. Whining noise when turning steering wheel most prevalent when engine cold. New pump and serpentine belt installed. What's next?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

was this the same before you replaced the pump??? did you flush the system of all fluid??? are there air bubbles in the pump while turning???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but noise different before pump replacement. After Mkt pump, new fluid, done by local repair shop, but not GM DLR

ok, lots of problems with aftermarket pumps. I would return to the shop and have them check the steering rack as well to be sure that the rack is not causing the pump to push max pressure all the time. I would also request a factory pump.

even if they did not bleed the pump. turning lock to lock several times will bleed the system. if that does not work, then the rack needs to be checked and the pump upgraded.

Roy

how are you making out