rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2001 Buick Century custom... the compressor has

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Buick Century custom... the compressor has decided to not engage and also when I checked the refrigerant pressure at the low port it read all the way into the limit in the red zone ... but the compressor was not engaged.. The dash light indicated the the air conditioning was turned on... only hot air came from the system.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975. I am ASE certified and an instructor. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Be patient please!

I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me.If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why,so I can go another direction.

Either the gauge is wrong, or the compressor is locked up. That reading is impossible for the compressor being off or on. Hope this helps you. Check for power and ground to the compressor also.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

I forgot to mention that when the system is OFF, the pressures should read the same at both ports. The low side would never read that high except for what I mentioned earlier.

Thanks again, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Were you in need of any more help? Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Thanks again, Ron