Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

I have 2000 Lesabre custom. Code C1234. LR speed sensor

Customer Question

Gary, I have 2000 Lesabre custom. Code C1234. LR speed sensor short or open. Could my ABS module sense correct voltage and still have a problem/vault code? How should I proceed please
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

this has a brand new LR hub and speed sensor ?

if you cleared the code and the C1234 still comes back and the sensor and hub are brand new make sure the terminals in the sensor connector are clean and tight and none of the female terminals are opened up in the center to cause a bad connection at the sensor electrical connection

if that checks out unplug the LR sensor and ohm out the sensor it should be @ 850 to 1350 OHMS or reading just about the same OHMS as the RR speed sensor

if that checks out then plug everything back in and unplug the ABS module and ohm down the terminals # ***** and # ***** as seen here it should ohm 850 - 1350 OHMS

if it does then the ABS module is bad

if it does NOT ohm out withing spec then one of those 2 wires from terminal # ***** or # ***** are broken or bad from the ABS module to the LR sensor connector

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just installed hub and sensor. Did not drive 50 miles nor reset code. Should I do both before proceeding with your next steps?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

i would clear the code if it comes back then follow what i said to find the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code was there before replacing hub and sensor.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok clear the code if that code resets then follow what i said

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to auto zone. Code C1234 did not come up. Now I have codes P0107, P0420, P0463, P0530 P1107.
Wondering if they were there the whole time, I just didn't see them when I checked at work.
My cataletic convertor was stolen so now I have a straight pipe. With these codes I'm guessing I'll have to install cat to get rid of some.
But at least C1234 is gone. LoL
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

yes all those codes will go away one the cat converter is installed as those will all set with a cat converter missing

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !