rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2006 Buick LaCrosse that is experiencing the same

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Buick LaCrosse that is experiencing the same problem addressed previously by someone who has a 2005 LaCrosse. All of a sudden my blower motor shuts off occasionally after I have used the air conditioner. I also find that when the blower motor is running and I have the air conditioner on, it appears weak at times. When this happens, I notice if I change the selection to the a/c for the floor, it seems to give it an extra boost for the blower, which works better when I put the selection on the a/c for the dash afterwards. Would the capacitor part recommended for the 2005 LaCrosse work for my 2006 vehicle help me in this case? Would this part fit my 2006 LaCrosse? If not, what capacitor/part do you recommend? By the way, I noticed that the capacitor and blower motor connector are special parts that you must purchase on line, as none of the auto parts stores have them in stock. Thanks for your assistance.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The capacitor part recommend to the 2005 Buick LaCrosse owner is P/N 25073556 The mechanic that responded to their question suggested that it be installed into the blower motor control module connector. Here's a link to it: http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/a229b18f5b554fdd9957562ee9463b69
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I can help you.

The parts are the same. I would also have the technician attach a scan tool to test the system integrity for any other possible problems. Hope this helps you.

Thanks, Ron