rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Awd disable light is on but the awd system is working

Customer Question

awd disable light is on but the awd system is working perfectly, 2005 buick rendezvous
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and i can help you. This light can come on when it is working with limited functions. You may notice it working, but not as it's supposed to. There is most likely a code set in the computer that operates the AWD, it won't be turning on the check engine light for that, the awd light is all you'll see. This code can be retrieved from a scan tool that is capable of pinging ALL the nodes in the car.

Hopes this helps, let me know, and I can still assist you after you have rated me too.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

I just thought of something else, if you are not able to access these modules yourself, you may get help at your local parts store or some repair shops will read codes in ALL the modules for you for free. It's worth looking into. Hope I have helped you, please let me know.

Thanks, Ron