Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

I had my airbag module reset, I also replaced all the

Customer Question

Hi Samuel, I had my airbag module reset, I also replaced all the deployed airbags, however the airbag light and service airbag message has not gone away. would you be able to help me with this?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

after the airbag codes are cleared can you see what code or codes will reset in the airbag computer when the lights stay on in the dash ?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Did you replace the SDM? Was it programmed? Did you do a passenger presence system reset?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

did you find out what codes where set in the airbag computer ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

these airbag systems when you start the car up or even turn the key ON will do a self test of the system if the airbag computer picks up on a bad reading or a fault it will turn on the air bag light

with the work you have already done to this car and the light still being on after you cleared the codes we would need to know what codes are set in the air bag computer to know the exact problem

this issue can be a bad connection at the air bag module to a connection at one of the airbags loose or not making a good connection to the clock spring in the steering column not being replaced after bag deployment

if the airbag module was NOT replaced it must be after deployment of any bags and programmed to the cars VIN number once installed

once you know the code or code numbers set you will know exaclty which one is the possible issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not replaced the clock spring, AM I supposed to replace it after deployment? Also how would I get the codes? At the dealer?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

a dealer or any shop local that can communicate with the air bag computer

i would do that and have the codes read

i would sure hate for you to try a part like a clock spring and that not be the issue as these parts can get expensive