Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Infl rest lihgt is on how can I turn it off

Customer Question

infl rest lihgt is on how can I turn it off
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

these air bag systems always self test the air bag system when you start the car and when it picks up on a fault on the airbag system the light will stay on

there is no way to clear or shut the light off until the fault is fixed then the light will go off when all the air bag components and wiring tests the air bag computer runs passes

the only way to shut the light off is to have the air bag codes read and knowing what code or codes are set to know what area of the air bag system the fault is in then repair that fault

alot of these end up being the clock spring in the upper steering column or bad connections under the steering column or bad drivers side airbags causing this issue

it is next to impossible to guess right now as to what is triggering the light until the airbag codes are read