Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have an 04 rainier with a 4200, and occasionally the DIC

Customer Question

i have an 04 rainier with a 4200, and occasionally the DIC continuously beeps and displays "unknown driver". We drove over 100 miles today and it never stopped. Even after stopping several times and turning the engine off. Any ideas ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you have more than 1 key or remote? Have you tried the other and see if results the same?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have 1 remote, which has afactory key. I do have a "generic" spare key. Im not sure if I have noticed it with the spare, as we rarely use it. At this point, I have just returned home from a 6 to 8 mile yrip, and it was acting up the entire time. I left it running, and began pulling fuses from the panel neneath the seat, one at a time. My thought was that it might isolate a problematic circuit. I believe the issue may have stopped when i pulled the fuse labeled "ignition o". Ivalso noticed that without that fuse in place I could not remove the key from the ignition. Also, I did remember after posting my initial wurstion that I did replace the ignition switch last year to try to gix this problem. Thanks for your help. Russ.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The ignition switch that you replaced may be defective, Let me know if you need further assistance