rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2006 buick Lucerne cxl 3.8...drivers window inop. tested

Customer Question

2006 buick Lucerne cxl 3.8...drivers window inop. tested motor, tested harness from switch to motor and tried a new door switch pack. nothing! clicking in switch when activating switch buy no power to motor. wtf?
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will help you. If there is power and ground to everything and you just hear clicking, then the window regulator is bad. This is a very common problem too. Hope this has helped you, please let me know, and I will still help you even after you have rated me.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, no, that doesn't help one bit. as I told you in my request, I can run the window up and down by powering the motor independently, I have tried a known good switch and it just clicks, and I have continuity tested the wires from the motor to the door connector AND from the connector to the switch. all is good there.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sorry, with all that said, it has to be a bad ground in the switch area or a bad pin in the connector. Remember, the motor has a separate ground, that's why you get it to work by supplying power to it. Hope you find it, or just run a separate ground from the switch, that would work too.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

One more thing, "clicking" ALWAYS means a lack of either power or ground. It's there, just not enough of it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have good ground at both black ground wires at switch and the motor is grounded...as I suspected, since the switch clicks, it must be grounding. I myself, have been an auto tech for 30 plus years, and im stumped. the problem is something other than the obvious, that's why I turned to a buick tech to lead me to the problem. please dig deeper
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

OK, as a last resort, then the power door module for the driver's side is bad. All other windows work fine, this is all that's left as long as you did voltage drops on all the circuits. Thanks again for your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as for the clicking, the switches on all the other doors click as well and work just fine, so im thinking that the clicking does not mean a lack of +or-. I will try a door module. do you know where it is located? I trust it is NOT part of the switck pack since I tried a different switch with the same results
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

here's what I have for you, please remember that this module requires programming too. Thanks again, please don't forget to rate my service.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Located under the left front seat.