rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2004 Buick Lesaber: I think I have a short in the low beam

Customer Question

2004 Buick Lesaber: I think I have a short in the low beam headlights.
When the car is running the HI-beams come on with the sensor on the dashboard. When I turn on the low-beams; the right low beam becomes brighter; the right beam is on but very dim.
When the lights are in this mode: if I turn on the turn signals or turn on the hazard flashers on the car; it will stop running.
Thanks.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I can help you. This is not a short, but either a bad ground in the circuit or a bad connection at one of the headlight connectors. I would start with disconnecting the connectors one at a time, cleaning them and applying a di-electric grease to all the terminals. You can get this at a parts store. This will most likely cure your problem. Hope this has helped you. please let me know, and I will still assist you after you have rated me.

Thanks, Ron