Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Our daughter's 04 Regal does all that. What did you find

Customer Question

Our daughter's 04 Regal does all that. What did you find wrong?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you give me a full description of what is going on with the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I entered same stuff wrong with04 regal fan blower and for the first time I see someone had a problem with cruise control flashing also
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the response. Please give me a thorough description of what is happening with your car so that I know where to start. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same stuff) - blower working on high only
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the blower is only working on high then most of the time the issue is with the blower resistor module. This is what controls the speed of the fan depending on the output of the HVAC module. If you have a voltage meter you can test it, but this is more than likely the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT is not the resistor I have already tried that please tell me what you found when it was mixed up with the flashing cruise control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanx.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking forward to hearing from him as I see both debits have been made.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Does this vehicle have automatic or manual a/c?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all it is Manuel control. I have already paid a hundred to mechanic who couldn't figure this out. (I was laid off last week and our daughter gets home from honeymoon tomorrow. This car was a graduation present 3 yrs. Ago)
I paid 22 and got nothing but same resister r&r answer that I told him I r&red. are you saying I need to pay 18 more. I told the first guy I swapped the resister and it did nothing to fix the problem. Yes it is very similar results in trouble shooting. We also have the A/C button not able to turn off with the cruise control light blinking. Plz help figure this out. I am finally back where the car is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Below is what I saw that got my attention. For the first time I saw the same problems mentioned together.03 Buick Regal: cruise control and the blower motor..quit ...
www.justanswer.com › Buick
When you start the car if the fan is on high, it will sometimes come on, but no other speed will work. ... The cruise control light on the dash will come on when the heater fan is on high or off ...Plz call me..I would love to have a reason to give you a great rating
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

On the manual A/C you should have 7 wires on the resistor. Can you check them for voltage? The Yellow, Lt Blue & Tan should not be the same. The black is Ground and the PPL should be 12 volts. There is a low blower fuse in the IP fusebox that could be blown. There is a HVAC Module on the lower left side of dash that looks like the likely suspect of your problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will look at the things listed and let you know what I find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having difficulty finding the HVAC module and the IP fuse row H is showing two volts on every fuse
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The HVAC Module is the part where you change the fan and temperatures. are you having any trouble with tail lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe that is a ckt that is in the 2 (two) volt row (H) of fuses. Summary below:(With car running) WCR
⊙ blower works only on high w/ac on. WCR
⊙ a/c light on when fan on high. WCR
⊙ a/c and light will not turn off WCR
⊙ a/c not as cold on driver side. WCR This is where I think r&r module may do the trick
⊙ was daylight so I didn't check the tail lights
⊙ I pulled low fan fuse and high fan setting was inop. WCR
⊙ Ignition switch is old & can release key When Car Running
⊙ cruise lgt blinks intermittently with cruise switch off WCRThnx
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Try turning the lights on and checking voltage on Row H. Looks like it is fed by the BCM

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The blower module is what controls the lower fan speeds. If you pull it and check blower voltages here are the wire colors

All should have 12 volts out of module at the respective speeds

There should be 2 connectors one with 10 wire and one with 7. Look at the one with 7

Yellow low

Tan M1

Lt Blu M2

PPL M3

Orange High

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to drag this on but the honeymooners are back and the car is with my daughter again. She's coming back up tomorrow afternoon and I will check the voltages. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, do you have a good and reliable online source for parts like the module?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

car-part.com