Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Daryl: I like reading your responses to the many questions

Customer Question

Hi Daryl: I like reading your responses to the many questions that end up on your desk. Twenty eight years! My dad was a master mechanic trained by Chrysler many years ago. Back in his hay-day a MM knew everything between to two bumpers. Five stars to yourself. Now for my question:- Is there a danger in driving a vehicle with a "Gas Cap Loose"
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

There is no danger. Depending on where you live your vehicle may not pass an emission test. The gas cap loose likely is telling you the evap system has a leak

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.