rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2004 buick century. The lights P/R/N/D/1/2/3/ and the

Customer Question

2004 buick century. The lights for the P/R/N/D/1/2/3/ and the odometer no longer function. They worked off and on for a while, but now do not light at all.
Suggestions as to cause and solution?
***** *****
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave, I'm Ron

This actually sounds like a bad connection to the dash cluster behind the dashboard, seeing that it intermittently worked. Going under the dash first with a light would be my first course of action, this would allow you to see how much is accessible before pulling out the cluster. You just may be able to reach up there and disconnect/re-connect the connectors in hopes that's the problem and not the cluster itself. I hope I helped you Dave, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USELESS! You cannot reach your hand up under the dash to the connections to the odometer lights. The under side is covered with a platic deco piece and a METAL tray that appears to be held in place by a metal bracket that cannot be undone except by removing the upper covers.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Oak. I would remove the user then. Thought it may be accessible easier than that
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I would pull the cluster out then and check the connectors that way. Keep me posted.
Thanks