Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Buick LaCrosse 2006 stuck in park. Tried restarting, pushing

Customer Question

Buick LaCrosse 2006 stuck in park. Tried restarting, pushing and trying to shift, no luck
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
First check that the brake lights work. If they do not, then the brake light switch located at the top of the brake pedal is faulty. This is part of the shift interlock system and will prevent you from shifting out park if not working
If the brake lights do work, then there is a fault with the shift interlock solenoid located at the shifter assembly and will need to be replaced
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While the answer was knowledgeable, it came about six hours later. We were stuck at an outlet mall in 90 degree heat. We gave up waiting for what we were led to believe was someone waiting to chat with us online(per the ad). Advice good, response time not worth $22
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I apologize that no other expert answered it quicker, but I am not responsible for that. I answer questions I am knowledgeable about as soon as I come on line. I am not here 24hrs a day and Sundays are family days.