FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL. I currently have no

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL. I currently have no power to the rear lift gate. The 3rd brake light does not light up, no wiper, no washer fluid pump, no back up lights, no parking lights. I am thinking it is a connector that has come loose or has corrosion. Thoughts??
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. You are on the right path that it sounds like a circuit issue. Most of the time this is caused by a problem with the wiring that goes into the rear door breaking or wearing through. The wires needs to be checked by opening the wire loom and checking them. If they are fine then we will need to check the grounds for the system. Did you plan on doing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thought was to tackle this project myself. I am guessing I need to undo the interior paneling to get to the wire harnesses and connectors, am I right? Are all the panels held on by pop-clips (or whatever they're called)? I am thinking the problem is near where the wiring comes out of the body to the liftgate.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

That is exactly where you more than likely have the issue. The panel does pop off but it has a couple of screws also. I can see if I have a diagram of it. You should be able to see a rubber gromett that the wites go through leaving the body and entering the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be great if you send me a diagram. Thank you for your assistance FixItMan.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay. I do not seem to have any diagrams of the rear lift gate trim panel on your vehicle. Let me check a little further.