Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2003 Buick Regal. It starts up just fine, and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Buick Regal. It starts up just fine, and ignition turns off, but the key will not turn all the way to the lock position. I can still pull the key out in any position.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Sounds like you need to replace the lock cylinder and possibly the ignition switch. Pretty common failure

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You will also need to do a theft learn after changing. I have attached procedure