Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 1997 Buick Lesabre,the a/c clutch will engage in

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Buick Lesabre,the a/c clutch will engage in the mornings when i start engine and turn on the a/c,and then it will disengage after a minute or two and when the fans come on the clutch will engage briefly then disengage,is my system low on refrigerant,or is my switch faulty?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. I also do not work in an office awaiting your reply. I run a small business and will do my best to answer quickly. Depending on the day and time there may be a delay in getting back to you.Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.

Do you have any test equipment? it is most likely low on refrigerant. If you have a low side pressure gauge it would be fairly easy to tell.