FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2003 Buick Rendezvous - the heat came on by itself and will

Customer Question

2003 Buick Rendezvous - the heat came on by itself and will not go off, the windows will not roll down and the dash lights will not come on. The security light came on. The key fob hasn't worked for a while and I locked and unlocked the car to see if that would reset anything and it did not. My son needs this car for work... what can it be?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did all of these start at the same time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like it is related to security or alarm system. You can't stay in the car, because the heat feels like it is on high and you cannot roll down a window. The locks will not work either.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Start by checking the connections at the battery and checking the battery itself. A lack of voltage will cause this. If the battery and connections are fine then the body control module or the ignition switch may be failing. There is also a common issue with a connector under the carpet behind the driver seat. This connector becomes damaged due to its location and will cause this. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.