Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

Buick LeSabre: I have a 2002 Lesabre with fault code P0446

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Lesabre with fault code P0446 EVAP Vent Control.
I have noticed a momentary noise and/or vibration near the back of the vehicle trunk that lasts about 3 to 5 seconds.
It comes on about 25 seconds every time after I start the vehicle.
I didn't notice the noise prior to having this fault code. I'm not saying that it wasn't there, just that I didn't notice it.
Fuel tank pressure relief valve possibly?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
The P0446 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the EVAP Vent Solenoid Valve. The Solenoid is located under the vehicle, near the fuel tank. Carefully inspect the lines to/from the solenoid for any cracks, holes, pinches or disconnections. Inspect the Emissions Canister for any signs of damage like dents or cracks. If the visual inspection checks ok, most commonly here, replacing the EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid Valve will solve the problem. They are actually fairly common wear-and-tear fail items on these vehicles. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
I will check these things out ASAP.
I have another fault code but I will deal with the one at time.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good! Glad I could be of some help! Don't forget to leave a rating for our Q&A session today! Thanks!