Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

2008 Lucerne right blinker and trunk release not working. Wire

Customer Question

2008 Lucerne right blinker and trunk release not working. Wire was pinched in tail light when replacing bulb. Now right blinker and trunk release not working and Fuses are good with no power at fuse for right blinker or trunk release in fuse box
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here the short that was present may have damaged the BCM (body control module) which is tied into these components working properly.If this is damaged it will need replaced and programmed to correct this here.The fault codes need checked in the BCM and diagnosed as well as further testing to be sure this is the cause.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I don't understand is why the tail light fuse didn't blow and how you would get an electrical feed back to the BCM and damage it. I tried to hard boot the BCM and it didn't work
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked for any fault codes in the BCM at all with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with it?