Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Changed the battery to a new one and the Air Conditioner and

Customer Question

Changed the battery to a new one and the Air Conditioner and the Windows do not work anymore. Worked before changing battery. Thanks!
Category: Buick
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
hello, most times the system modules just glitch due to the low voltage, what year and model are you working with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Buick Rendezvous
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. Let's start with fm the windows. Do none of the windows work at all from any of the switches ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No windows or A/C work. Thanks!
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok remove and check and reinstall if ok fuse in the center console fuse box labeled "HVAC/HUD" and see if the ac head unit now functions?also use a test light and make sure the fuse has power when the key is on.
im checking for the windows now
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
also make sure the fuse labeled "IGN1" has power and is not blown. let me know if this helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
also i am still looking into a possible cause besides the fuses. so i will report back soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fuses are good. Thanks!
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, BUT do the fuses in fact have power when the key is on?? this is very important
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it at a shop and relaying info. Thanks!
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Let me know. It's possible a fuse blew that controls the power circuits Inside the fuse box. That's why I asked.