Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

Buick Park Avenue: Have a 1994 buick park avenue,engine cranks

Customer Question

Have a 1994 buick park avenue,engine cranks fine but will not fire,have replaced ign module,crank sensor ign,switch.Whats left to do? will fire when ign.switch is being released.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist you have the symptoms of a ignition control module. I know you replaced it but I would take the replacement to a parts store and have it tested. this is a free service from the parts stores. the ignition switch is another possibility. it may not be sending a signal to the module in the run position. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the second ign control module,didnt change or make any difference.
ok, did you have the original tested??? did you verify that it was bad?? I will look up a wiring diagram for you to test for voltage at the module in the run position to see if the ignition switch is in good shape. Roy
make sure you check the fuse indicated to be sure there is power. also, can you check fuel pressure??? Roy
how are you making out??? please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way we get paid for our efforts.