Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Century: We are trying to replace/repair the fuel line

Customer Question

We are trying to replace/repair the fuel line on a Buick 2002 century but cn not find any diagrams or instructions
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitwhat part of the fuel line or location are you replacing ?are you repairing the old line or installing a new line ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Repairing an old line it is leaking behind the wheel well and in the bracket before it goes up to the engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everywhere there is a bracket i get a leak. started under the drivers side door.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the metal or the plastic line is leaking ?did you buy a new fuel line yet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the metal line is leaking. i can't see how to get to it now without creating more leaks, gas or brake lines.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the problem with them running all the steel lines together like that is yes when one is leaking from rust all the others will leak alsoat this point this car will need new brake metal lines run and flared into good steel line that may be existing on the brake line now and both metal fuel lines replaced and must be flared to existing good linebasically cut the rust sections all out and flare and install new line in placei would highly suggest you have a shop do this for you as the steel line has to be hand bent to match the old line and the line flared and connected to the old line with brass unions