Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2000 buick century the windows wont work it has a

Customer Question

I have a 2000 buick century the windows wont work it has a new switch which works I tried it on another century , I swapped the cuircuit breaker and its good im stumped
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Check for B+ and B- at the Left Hand (LH) master switch, key on. The power feed is a Yellow wire, pin G. eThe ground is a Black wire, pin B. Open the driver's door and lift up the sill plate and the carpeting. Locate ground G301 which should be screwed to the body in the above area, this is a common area for ground to fail. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Check for B+ and B- at the Left Hand master switch, key on. The power feed is a Yellow wire, pin G. The ground is a Black wire, pin B. If ground is missing or poor proceed to above. Let me know how it goes, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the sill plate you referred to the bottom door trim or what I call the kick panel in front of the door
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The sill plate is the plastic trim the runs along bottom of door opening. Let me know how it goes, thanks.