Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Buick LeSabre Limited: the upper intake on a 97 buick 3.8 what

Customer Question

the upper intake on a 97 buick 3.8 what is in the kit for that? It seems after replacing the head gaskets and head bolts along with intake gaskets it still fills the cylinders rapidly with antifreeze.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
That is the upper intake itself and has to be replaced with a new one. The kit contains the upper intake, throttle body studs/bolts, PCV kit and gaskets
.
There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.
.
.
Here is a link to what it states.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdvlump8zppnog5/New%20Upper%20Intake%20Manifold%20and%20Gasket%20Kits.pdf?dl=0
.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks