FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Buick Rendezvous: I have an 04 Rendezvous that is running warm

Customer Question

I have an 04 Rendezvous that is running warm at about the 1/2 mark consistently, and 3/4 in traffic or at lights. The thermostat has been changed and the radiator has been flushed, still it's running hot and now it has an obvious coolant smell, when your standing outside the car, it's been running like this for a couple weeks now, then yesterday I got home and after parking the car and turning it off, I found a puddle of antifreeze underneath the car closer to the back of the engine, it was too hot to actually get under there to find where it came from, I just trying to figure out how to fix the problem?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. I am sorry to hear about your vehicle. Most of the time when you get a coolant leak on this engine in this general area it is either due to a failing water pump or a leaking intake manifold. Both of these are common on this engine. You need to do a pressure test to find the leak if you cannot easily see it. If you do not have a pressure tester most auto parts stores lend them out and they also sell dye kits that will help you locate the leak. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.