Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

AC warm on the left side cold on the right

Customer Question

Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the control head, changed both door actuators, calibrated the actuators by pulling the battery positive fuse out, waiting 60 seconds (ignition off first), and then sticking it back in. still same symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Providing the actuators as well as the new control panel are working properly the other thing you need to check is you systems pressure, Normal pressure on a full system should be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. Check your pressure for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have those gauges. 16 oz in a pound right? I put 3 12 oz cans in after letting out old freon
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes 16 OZ is a Lbs. Your 2001 Buick hold 2.2 Lbs. which is 34 Oz. You alittle over with 3 can but If you can see if you can get your hands on a set of gauge and lets get the pressure readings to at least rule it out..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It blows icely cold, but still, left is warmer and I really cant see it being a freon fault! I can see if I can get ahold of some gauges. There was a tsb for the 1998 buick regal, century, and olds intrigue.
My regal has dual air, and automatic.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
I would still check the freon pressure and if it check okay , what happens if you remove the left actuator and close the door manually, does it ehn blow cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes! I've even manipulated the actuator! Calibrate! it inSISTS on opening that door a speck, and the right stays closed with a 60 degree setting!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Removing the HVAC fuse for at least a minute should have allowed the Control Module to ***** sounds like if the door is not staying closed then the controller is not re-calibrating or its defective. Have you tried the calibration steps again maybe leaving the fuse out a bit longer? I would also try disconnecting the negative battery cable at the same time you pull the fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This started up right after my battery cable was loose, and I had to tighten it!
There's the hvac fuse, which does not erase the KAM for my actuators; the positive battery HVAC fuse will after one minute pulled out. Turn the key off, pull the fuse out, wait, and then install the fuse. When you turn the key on or start, the actuators re calibrate, the control head sets at 75 degrees, and the fan comes on after one minute after key-on/start.
I'll re-calibrate and disconnect my battery neg. cable.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The Positive HVAC fuse is the same fuse Im referring to as well. Try it again and let me know.