Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Le Sabre: 1996 Buick Le Sabre. Wife drove to store and

Customer Question

1996 Buick Le Sabre. Wife drove to store and parked. Upon return, car would not start. When I arrived, tried to jump thinking dead battery. No luck. Turning key has no starter solenoid click or anything. Took battery out and had it tested. Tests OK. Upon further investigation, discovered that the dash lights across the top of the dash (CEL, ABS, Check Oil Level, ETC.) do not come on. Tested ignition switch. Two red wires are hot all the time. Orange wire goes hot when key in run, yellow wire goes hot when key turned to start. All fuses including those under the hood and under dash and behind glove box are good.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if you tested the wires with a voltage light or a multi meter?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12V test light. Have a meter available though.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Can you run the same test on the ignition switch and tell me the voltage readings.