Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Park Avenue: Have car on battery charger..the car will

Customer Question

Have car on battery charger..the car will turn over and only catch once like it is started, but then instantly dies... Try to restart and the starter will just spin
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the car died while driving or if it just refused to start all of a sudden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refused to start
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Was it driving fine the day before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was driving fine...the overdrive on the transmission does engage, but i need drive above 40 miles per...I live in a very small town.. i don't drive that much... also when I turn over the engine over alot trying to get the engine to start, there is no gas smell
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you tell me if you can hear a buzzing from the fuel pump when the key is first turned on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no buzzing from the fuel pump...car was on the charger, plugs were all regapped and plug wires replaced. air filter is clear and cleaned..can I check a relay or fuse before I replace the fuel pump??